|The MySQL Windows installer is notorious for tripping over itself when an attempt is made to install MySQL over a previously uninstalled version. Most of the problems seem due to MySQL files left behind by the abandoned installation. This is
reported to fix such issues ...
1. Ensure that "hidden files" are visible.
2. Uninstall all MySQL modules.
3. Delete C:\Program Files\MySQL
4. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL
5. Delete C:\ProgramData\MySQL
6. Delete MySQL files from all Users' AppData folders
7. Reinstall MySQL