- We're Also a Modeling Agency
- Database applications are the most critical in the organization, because
everything rests upon their continuing success. Unfortunately, database
design is not something you learn in a week or even a year. It is very
complex, and bad design decisions can cost you huge amounts of downstream
money, hours, headaches, nightmares and worse.
- A bad data model can kill the organization. A mediocre
model is subsistence. An elegant model is the foundation for success.
- If you're new to database design, you could start with our introduction
to relational databases and our
chapter on designing a databases to a specification.
- Unless you can feasibly do it all by yourself, It comes down to finding someone you can trust.
- We offer a collection of template databases, models for specific
application requirements -- order entry and inventory, for example. Our
intention is to apply the open-source model to database design. Should we
succeed, we will have created a place where complex database designs can be
downloaded and shared among the like-minded.
- You may not understand Primary and Foreign Keys, or know the difference
between inner and outer joins, but we do. We have been designing databases
for over 20 years. You may not understand why we made certain decisions, but
you can trust that there is a good reason. You can also trust that the model
is designed for maximum flexibility to change according to future
- Some of the models will be free. Some will have a license fee. We are
available for customization of any of the models.
- 20 years' experience designing rich and deep databases
- inherit proven designs
- model-specific customization available
- If you've built a few versions of some vertical-market database, chances
are you have something worth sharing. We invite your contributions.
- Should you choose to contibute a model, we ask that you cohere to
certain guidelines. You should supply at least three SQL scripts:
xxx_create.sql, xxx_populate.sql and xxx_drop.sql. Backups of SQL or
Access MDB databases will not suffice. These can be offered as downloads but
should not be required.